(my view flying into Sydney, Australia!)
I’m finally home from my whirlwind week in New Zealand and Australia doing store visits. I loved finally meeting our Kiwi and Aussie stockists! What wonderful people!!! Although I am so happy to be home, I had an amazing time visiting 7 cities in 7 days.
- CITY #1 AUCKLAND, NZ
- First stop on my 7 day tour was Auckland! Here, I visited Claire Designer clothes, Adorno and Fabric Brand & Co. (co-owned by Simon Miller, Creative Director of Citizens of Humanity Men). I also squeezed in a tiny walk on the beach!
- CITY #2 BLENHEIM, NZ
- A quick stop over to Blenheim, New Zealand’s wine country, where I visited JE Thomas’s department store!
- CITY #3 CHRISTCHURCH, NZ
- I took the tiniest propellor plane from Blenheim to Christchurch, NZ, which was terrifying, yet beautiful and exhilarating. We went over beautiful mountains as we arrived. Christchurch was hit by a devastating earthquake four years ago and the whole city is being rebuilt. Once we landed we went straight to visit Lynn Wood’s, a lovely store in Christchurch.
- CITY #4 QUEENSTOWN, NZ
- The last stop of my tour as a Kiwi, ended in Queenstown, which happened to be my favorite of cities in New Zealand. There is really only one word that I could think to describe this town — MAGICAL. I visited and fell deeply in love with Seletti Boutique. They do a beautiful job of mixing Italian home goods with a curated selection of designer clothing. Although I would have loved to stay in Queenstown a bit longer, I had to leave for Sydney, Australia!
- CITY #5 SYDNEY, AUS
- This was my first trip to Sydney, Australia, but definitely not my last! I had such a great time in Sydney and I had the chance to spend some time at two great stores. The first, 23 Albert. This store looks like it belongs right on Abbot Kinney in Venice, CA. It has that California cool style, and felt like home. I got in a little shopping while I was there too! I bought a STATE OF ESCAPE, neoprene tote — they are all the rage in Australia! The second store visit of the day was at ACO. This is a new store for Frank & Eileen and the girls there were huge supporters and so excited to receive their first shipment. We can’t wait!
(23 Albert, Sydney, Australia)
- CITY #6 NOOSA, AUS
- Next stop on the tour was Noosa, Australia, on the Sunshine Coast! Here, we visited Bowery 475, a very cool store! We frequently visit their amazing Instagram page from the States for some much needed inspiration!
- CITY #7 BRISBANE, AUS
- The last city on the list to see, before heading back home to LA was Brisbane! Here, I visited the store Calexico. The store owner and buyer, Nicky Hendrie, takes incredible photographs that adorn the walls and windows of the store, which make you want her to begin styling you immediately!
Thank you New Zealand and Australia for welcoming me the way you did! I cannot wait to come back and explore a bit more!